More Info about Staropramen brewery and tapping school
You just can´t miss a brewery when coming to the Czech Republic! And especially when organising a stag do in Prague! With the brewery tour and tapping school in Staropramen you will explore the visitor centre of one of the biggest brewery´s in the country. During a video tour, you will learn a bit of history and theory, and apply it into practice at the end by tasting all six kinds of beer brewed in Staropramen for more than 150 years!
Also, you will learn how to tap beer properly during a short tapping workshop. We know this all might be tiring and therefore we prepared homemade potato crisps with garlic dip and a main course à la carte for your group to replenish your strength. Last but not least, you can enjoy unlimited consumption of beer and soft drinks for up to 3 hours (starting with your arrival according to the reservation) to have a blast with your mates!
Why shouldn’t you miss it? Established in 1869 the Staropramen Brewery belongs to the older traditional breweries in Prague and this activity gives you an opportunity to experience its unique atmosphere, taste its beer and food, learn about the kinds of beer and also grasp a tapping trick or two. Overall, you will have plenty of fun with your friends.
At Staropramen Brewery, you join a tour of the Visitor Centre with video commentary lasting 40 minutes. The tour is dedicated to the history of Staropramen and to the theory and processes of brewing.
After the tour you move to the brewery´s restaurant where you have a table reserved and you receive a basket of homemade potato crisps with garlic dip followed by a tasting set of 6 kinds of Staropramen beer with commentary by a staff member.
Then there will be a tapping workshop for your group including an introduction of the tapping technology and ways of tapping finished with an open discussion while tapping your own beer.
Nail it with a main course! You can choose from:
- brewery´s own goulash
- sausages in beer sauce
BBQ chicken wings
roasted pork knuckle
*The menu is only indicative, and the offer of meals can change.
During the whole stay at Staropramen you can enjoy unlimited consumption of beer and soft drinks for up to 3 hours (starting with your arrival according to the reservation).
*Please note that the course of your visit may go in a different order than described.
Our guide meets with your group at an agreed meeting point (e.g. hotel) and walks you to the brewery. If you would prefer, the guide can also help to arrange a taxi/public transport at your expense.
The brewery is located in the Prague centre and can be easily accessed. That is the reason why we don’t provide transport by default. If you wish to include transportation, just add from the extras.
The activity is located in the centre near the Anděl metro station.
- The tours are available daily from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. (the last tour starts at 4 p.m.).
- The tours are mostly in English. A tour in German starts at 2:30 p.m. Let us know what your preferred language is when booking.
- The tour is a public one, there can be other people on the tour.
- The unlimited consumption of beer and soft drinks is valid for 3 hours, starting from the time of your arrival according to the reservation.
- Brewery can change the menu without notifying us. But the offer will always include similar meals to the options we have listed.
- The activities in the brewery can go in a different order than described here.
- If you are less than the set minimum of 6, feel free to book! Price for the minimum must be respected though.